The Department of Data Processing and Management provides data and analytical support to strategic planning processes at the level of the Ministry of the Environment and to processes for assessing the state and development of the environment within the organisation. The basic activities of the department are the collection, processing, archiving and publication of selected statistical data from the environment and related areas, including the processing of specialized analytical data outputs on data from the environment and sustainable development. The department develops these methods through its own scientific and research activities, project activities and international cooperation. The department operates a specialized Information System ENVIROMETR for selected analytical, archiving and reporting tasks, which ensures electronic publication of data and information.
Scope and agenda of the department:
- collection, processing and archiving of data within the scope of the department,
- validation and verification of the obtained data,
- preparation of general and specialized data outputs,
- operation and development of a specialized IS for data management, analysis, reporting and presentation (ISSaR, STaR, etc.),
- development of methods, approaches and analyses of environmental data,
- basic and advanced data analysis within the scope of the department,
- cooperation on information outputs of the organisation,
- provision of information in accordance with Act No. 123/1998 Coll., On the right to information on the environment.